El Pósito Linares
Built 1754-1757 as grain store, and used as jail from some years later until 1967. It was carefully restored in 2009 – 2010. Now this building shows the history and evolution of the Town of Linares, as well as the bullfighting and flamenco world, and the most representative items from the career and life of the universal singer from Linares, Raphael.
- Auditorium (events hall) with capacity for 302 persons, equipped with the latest technology, just close to the museum. Three entries: Campanario Str, Huarte de San Juan Str and Iglesia Str the main entrance of el Pósito.
- Exhibition and conference hall: located at the second floor, with 93 m2 and capacity for 90 persons. Complete technical equipment for presentations, meetings and conferences. With projector, screen, Sound equipment and lighting facilities.
- Multipurpose Hall with 91 m2 for 70 people, equipped with sound system, fixed screen, projector, laptop and chairs with restbooks for conferences.
- Car Parking. The Posito is near the hotels that have their own car parks. In addition there is a large underground car park in the Ayuntamiento Square next to the venue.
- Catering: The Patio and one hall can be used for the catering / coffee break.
The new Science and Technology Campus of Linares is now prepared to be opened next september for the course 2015 - 2016, therefore the students enrolling in this university centre for the next course will have the pleasure to try it out very soon. The General Services Building contains the offices of the Secretary of the Centre and the Administrative team, as well as the Auditorium, Library, Lectures Hall, Reading Hall. Student Services will also have a space in this building at their disposal.
- New installations. Big Auditorium Hall fully equipped. Several halls and lecture halls.
- Meal facilities with cafeteria, restaurant and hall for catering.
- Parking with three hundred spaces offered.
Crypt and Chapel in the Marquises of Linares Hospital
This significant neogothic building, was opened in 1917, as the last charity work from Mr. José de Murga and Mrs. Raimunda de Osorio, Marquises of Linares. The floor plan is in the shape of the letter H and is occupied by the Chapel and the Crypt, where the tomb of the Marquises is located.
- Hall with 159 m2 and capacity for 130 people (using upstairs galleries).
- Projector, portable screen, sound system, laptop and chairs equipped with restbooks for Conferences.
Mining Landscape Centre in Madrid Railway Station.
The Madrid Railway Station was built the early 20th century in the Neomudejar style (Moorish revival architecture) and lies close to the town. The Mining Interpretation Centre occupies a warehouse built in 1927. It was restored by the Workshop School “Industry and Landscape” as an interpretation Centre displaying the values of the cultural landscapes shaped by the mining activity and the main elements of the mining heritage.
- Multipurpose Hall with 88 m2, for 80 people.
- Equipped with fixed screen, projector, laptop, sound system and chairs equipped with restbooks for conferences.
LA CAROLINA MUSEUM, CAPITAL OF NUEVAS POBLACIONES
Plaza de la Iglesia s/n. 23200 La Carolina, Jaén
Telf.: +34 953 66 20 81
Singular building attached to the Intendente Olavide Palace (18th century), close to the church of La Carolina. Was open as Museum of La Carolina in 2011, allows to enjoy a museum tour highlighting such important stages as the first human traces in the Paleolithic, the Spanish-Roman mining, the foundation of the Nuevas Poblaciones (New Settlements) and the colonizing project of king Charles III and intense contemporary mining.
- Ceramic Collection Iberian
- Samples of pieces of Las Navas de Tolosa
- Mapping and models of the New Settlements
- Recreation of a gallery and lead mine
- Exhibition of tools and utensils mine workings
- Exhibition of minerals and fossils